Saturday, November 6, 2010

Autumn Days

Today is the idyllic autumn day, warm air with that crisp undertone.  Sunshine, incredible blue skies, crunchy leaves underfoot.  Full of promise.  Time to put the garden and gazebo to rest and cook, cook, cook.  Wanting to make soups, pastas, and "put up" the bounty to unearth on a cold winter's night.  I have been trying to work with seasonal, locally grown(or as close to local) foods I can get.  My system actually craves what is in season.  I am in the mood for squashes, apples, pears, and fine greens.  It is amazing to me how much we respond to seasonality foods! I am toying with making the pots de creme from Cannelle Vanille along with her Pumpkin, Quinoa and Hazelnut Gnocchi, follow link to pots de creme first, then to her home page for the gnocchi.  http://cannelle-vanille.blogspot.com/2009/03/simple-chocolate-and-raspberry-pots-de.html I can't think of another, better way to end a day of gardening!  Except maybe Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls rising overnight for a lazy Sunday breakfast. Happy weekend.  Happy fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment